Monday, June 28, 2021

Happy 35th Anniversary Coping with Cancer Magazine

This May/June 2021 I am honored to be included in Coping with Cancer's 35 Anniversary Issue!  





As fate would have it I was sitting beside my husband, Randy during his first chemo treatment at the University of Tennessee Cancer Institute in Knoxville, Tennessee when I first saw that I had been tagged on Instagram by Coping with Cancer magazine

It was such great timing!  A much needed reminder of all Randy and I have been through together and managed to survive. 

In February we celebrated our 32nd anniversary with a ski trip to North Carolina. Only instead of skiing we ended up at the ER. Randy was hospitalized  due to a ruptured appendix we now know was caused by appendix cancer. 

In 1994 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer Coping with Cancer magazine was ALL THERE WAS  in any oncologist or doctor's office that focused on surviving cancer. In an era where cancer was still viewed as a death sentence it offered me and countless other cancer patients inspiration, encouragement, and hope. 



When Tickles Tabitha's Cancer-tankerous Mommy  was released I was thrilled to contribute to and receive an endorsement from Coping with Cancer magazine. I had survived cancer and publishing to arrive via an article in the premier magazine about cancer! 


Today, once again this magazine is providing my family support and encouragement when it's needed most.  


Happy 35th Anniversary #CopingwithCancerMagazine and Thank you! 

No comments: