Thursday, October 18, 2018

Breast Cancer: Why Self Exam is so Important

Me and Lindsay Feb. 18, 1989

Lindsay Pinson Hess was one of two little girls who took part in my wedding. Long before her own diagnosis, she worried about and supported me. Later she was so enthused to read my books to her children

My Tickles Tabitha title was a book I hoped she would never need, but last year this grown-up little girl (to me) was diagnosed with breast cancer. As a young mom of three little girls, her breast cancer story shows once again why self-exam and early detection are so important. Especially when you are a young woman, and not yet at the age that yearly mammograms are recommended. 

I am so proud of the courage shown by Lindsay.  



Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Lindsay Pinson Hess!

No comments: