Tuesday, January 31, 2012


Lennie Roberts Elementary
Back home, and back to work in North Carolina, but I am still feeling the glow, after visiting schools in Matagorda County, Texas,  and helping kick off National Nuclear Science Week by sharing 

I am happy to be home, but I am missing the friendly, attentive, and well-behaved students I encountered during my visit to Texas schools.  



Celebrating with some of my "Team" from the left-my husband, Randy, me, my cousin Lora , her husband Dickie Thompson, my sister-in-law, Denise & brother, Michael Solomon, and cousin Brittany, & her husband Cary Orsak. 

I usually work at home and alone, but in Texas, it felt like I had my own personal PR Team. In a way I did, I still have close personal friends and family members that reside in Matagorda County, Texas.  They helped toot my horn, whenever possible came to my events, and let me know how happy and proud they were for me.  


Adrriana Acosta
It wasn't just friends and family that made me feel welcome, but the movers and shakers of Matagorda County's professional community as well.   I had so much fun working with Sheryl Langstrom and the staff at Happy Radio.

I am so  appreciative to Adriana Acosta, of the Matagorda Advocate for covering my school tour. She came out and took photos during my visit at Cherry Elementary and wrote the following article: All about Nuclear Energy.


Cherry Elementary, Bay City, TX 

Everyone from the school superintendent's office to the students themselves made me feel welcome, and told me how proud they were I wrote a children's book about nuclear power plants based on experiences I had while working at the STP Nuclear Plant.




 Nutcracker Publishing is dedicated to the memory of my friend, Laura Bouldin Karlman who died of Leukemia at age 39, October, 2000.  Laura and I met when I lived in Bay City, Texas. Before husbands, children, and as I like to say, respectability.  The only thing that could have made my visit to Texas, more perfect would have been Laura's presence.  However, I did get to do the next best thing! Laura's sister, Cindy Tomek, and I got together for lunch. I enjoyed hearing about Laura's family, especially Laura's children who like my own are all grown up now.



Matagorda Beach Elementary 
This January it has been 18 years since I was given the breast cancer diagnosis that changed my life, inspired me to write Tickles Tabitha's Cancer-tankerous Mommy, and motivated me to establish a career writing children's picture books.  I have been a very lucky woman!

No comments: